Salina Library Book Donation Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in making a donation to the library. All donations become the property of Salina Library and may be added to the library’s collection or sold at the Friends of the Library book sale.
Donations are accepted during regular library hours: Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Fridays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please deliver all donations to the front desk. Donations of 3 or more boxes or bags are accepted by appointment only. The library may occasionally be unable to accept donations due to limited storage space.
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition
- Recent best sellers
- Clean copies of “classic” titles
- Music CDs
- Audio books on CD
We cannot accept:
For additional information, contact the library at 315-454-4524 or info @ salinalibrary.org
- Damaged books including ones that are damp, moldy, soiled, smelly or have broken bindings, yellowed pages, missing pages, missing or torn covers or excessive writing or highlighting in the text
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Non-commercially published media
- Media without original case or cover
- Workbooks or study guides that are partially or wholly filled in
- Non-fiction books published over 5 years ago
- Computer programs
- Cassette tapes
- VHS tapes
- No record albums - LPs, 78s etc.